Last week I presented at the HOW Design Conference Denver, CO. Our objective for HOW was to present well-formed technique, design solutions and inspiration to designers looking to work online. The challenge at hand being to convince a packed room of talented yet overstimulated pro’s that the web is not as complicated/different as they are often led to believe. As promised, I have posted the Web Design For Non-Web Designers presentation online. (That was the link right there)
On the way back from Denver, I made some additions to the slides:
- Removed the PDF links, replacing them with Shadowbox.js galleries.
- Quickly added a print.css file, which means it will look nice when you hit print.
- Enabled the display of inline notes, just hit the 2 key (on a slide with notes).
- Cleaned up the copy a bit, added more resource links.
- Trimmed down the file size a bit. There is always room for more optimization.
The HOW Design Conference is a force for good, and I don’t often say such things about big conferences. The attendees, speakers (and yes sponsors) are a humble & talented group. Huge thanks to the folks at HOW and everybody who stopped me to say hello and talk shop.